Writing SEO Web Page Copy - Tipson-page local search engine optimization
Best practices to help you accomplish writing content for your website.
Before you begin writing for each page:
- What is the goal of your web page?
- Who’s your target audience for your page?
- How are you different than your competitors? (your unique value)
- What keyword/phrases describe your page?
After writing for each page:
- Is your content informative?
- Does it spark interest?
- Clear and understandable?
How to write your web page copy with your focus keyword:
2. First Paragraph (p) – Few short sentences, what is the one thing you want your reader to understand. Is it clear to the point? Be sure to include your focus keyword towards the front of this paragraph.
3. Body Copy (p, h2, h3) – The rest of the copy should be easy to read and benefit the reader. Include the focus keyword/phrase at least two to three times where it fits in the copy and subheadings.
4. Clear Call To Action – The copy should stand out in the design to tell readers what action to take after reading the page. (What do you want them to do; call? email? order now?)
- focus keyword in – h1
- focus keyword in first sentence of paragraph – p
- focus keyword in other subheadings and other paragraphs – p, h2, h3
SEO checklist when reviewing your web page:
- Focus keyword or phrase.
- Web copy recommended minimum of 300 words.
- Meta description has been specified, search engines will display.
- The focus keyword appears in the SEO title.
- The focus keyword appears in the first paragraph of the copy.
- No images appear in this page, consider adding some as appropriate. (use focus keyword/phrase in ALT tags)
- The slug for this page contains your focus keyword.
- Links appear in this page.
- The page title is too short. Use the space to add keyword variations or create compelling call-to-action copy.
- The focus keyword appears in the URL for this page.
- The focus keyword appears in subheadings in the copy. While not a major ranking factor, this is beneficial.
- You’ve never used this focus keyword before on another page. Which is good!
Let's Build Something Awesome!
Why Work With Watermark Design
If you've ever worked with an agency before, you know it can be frustrating to get the designer on the phone. We take pride in being readily available through both phone and email.